Malware and hacking is a real threat – with 87% of small businesses hit by denial-of-service attacks in the last year.
Make sure you use the following 7 preventative measures:
1. Change your FTP (or SSH) password regularly.
2. Change your administrator password.
3. Check in your admin panel if there are additional admin users and change their passwords as well.
4. Remove any admin access that is not necessary.
5. Run regular virus scans on your personal desktop/laptop.
6. Update your website! One of the leading causes of infections is outdated software.
7. Backup your site!