Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is essential for any business who are looking to be found online, and most are. Our SEO strategies will get you a high-ranking placement in search results that give you the results you are aiming at.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the art of helping your website come closer to the top of the search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
It’s great to have a fabulous looking website, but if it cannot be found then there really is no point. SEO helps you to get found more easily. We include things like:
On Page Optimisation (Keyword Research, Title Tags, Description Tags, H1 Tags, Body/Page Names, Internal Links, Incoming Links, Alt Tags, Content Creation, Blog optimisation, Blog postings, RSS creation, GEO tags, XML Site Map creation and submission)
Off Page Optimisation (Article submission, Press Release submission, Directory submission, E-book submission, Link building, RSS submission, Blog submission, Submissions to Google base (for ecommerce), Social Bookmarks, Video Optimisation
We would also recommend using Content Marketing, Pay per Click Advertising and Video Marketing in conjunction with this.
Example companies we work with include:
Now is the best time to start creating a local Search Optimisation (SEO) strategy for your presence on search engine results pages. The search engines actively promote local business for local search terms. Make sure your marketing strategy includes an element of a local search optimisation UK, google maps optimisation and social media.
The Most Searched for Phrase
Google tells us that the most searched for phrase of 2016 was "Near Me" and this term has grown by 34 times since 2011, and will continue to do so as more people become "smarter" online.
It, therefore, stands to reason, that if people are searching for products and services like yours "Near Me", then Local Search optimisation is essential.
Local Search is vital for the smaller businesses who have a local reach, such as plumbers, electricians, shops, and restaurants too. When your target audience is restricted by how far you can or are willing to travel, or how far customers are willing to travel to visit you, then local search engine optimisation is an absolute must-have.
Getting found on the map is especially important when you are targeting users who prefer to search on a mobile phone, and you can see from the image just how important this is as the screen sizes get smaller.
Example companies we help get found for a local search term are:
If you would like to talk to someone from your local area about how you could benefit from a local search strategy, please contact your nearest M3 office to organise an initial free consultation.
SEO Accronyms and Terminology
Below are a list of commonly used SEO accronyms and terminology used in the world of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and their meanings.
- ALGORITHM - A set of rules used by computers to solve problems
- ALT TAG - A word or phrase that describes an image
- ANALYTICS - Often associated with Google, a tool that gathers data about the traffic to your website. No SEO company can run an SEO campaign without access to this for each website they are optimising.
- BLACK HAT - Deceptive SEO tactics that optimise for search engines, not people
- HEADER TAGS - H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6 tags are used in the construction of written content to tell Google (and Bing) the priority within the page and what each section is about
- INTERNAL LINKS - Links from one web page to another on the same website
- META DESCRIPTION - A snippet of text in a websites code which is used to describe that web page in search results
- META KEYWORDS - A short list of words that describe the content of a web page
- M3SM - Company you should contact to help with your SEO
- RANKING - A web page listings position in the search
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION - Commonly known as SEO, the practice of making changes to web pages to improve online visibility
- SPAM - A technique used by some websites to cheat their way to the top of the search results
- WEBMASTERS - People who manage a website, AND the tool used by SEO companies to inform Google (and Bing) of web pages and to monitor for issues. No SEO company can run an SEO campaign without access to this for each website they are optimising.
- WHITE HAT - Legitimate SEO tactics that optimise pages for people
- XML SITEMAP - A list of all the pages that make up your website that is submitted to Google (or Bing) Webmasters