As a Digital Marketing Agency, M3SM can offer a variety of services to enhance your business, our hashtag tips can also promote your business to a wider audience on social media. Hashtags are a prominent part of today’s online society and provide a great opportunity to get your posts noticed by a vast amount of people by categorising content. They make your company and content discoverable to your own followers as well as others engaging with a common theme or interest that you may be discussing. Google Plus, Twitter and Instagram are three platforms that are huge advocates of the hashtag trend and will most definitely boost the visibility of your chosen posts and as a result will further promote your business. M3SM can help you make the most of this simple promotion method and could massively enhance your reach!
Days of the Week Hashtag Tips
Using different hashtags depending on each day of the week has become a popular trend, both for businesses and personal use. Here are some hashtag tips and examples of what tags to use and how they can be adapted to suit your particular content:
- #MondayMotivation or #MotivationMonday – Annihilate those monday blues and provide viewers with an upbeat post to start their week off, whether that be a motivational picture quote or an offer they can’t refuse!
- #TransformationTuesday – Show off how your company or business has or can transform customers lifestyle or mindset. This hashtag also gives opportunity for more health and exercise posts to get seen on this day, so if your company promotes health and well-being then make the most of this hashtag and post on a Tuesday.
- #WednesdayWisdom – This hashtag provides an opportunity to give your viewers a smart business trick or hack, or you could even supply potential customers further information about what your company offers and how it could benefit others.
- #ThrowbackThursday or #TBT – The most popular day of the week hashtag used and viewed by millions of people across the globe. Use it to show something you or your company did in the past and how your company has grown. You could also explain products or services your company offered previously and ask viewers for feedback to initiate engagement.
- #FridayFunday or #FridayFeeling – Celebrate that the weekend is here and post something funny or exciting to leave viewers on a positive note as they approach the weekend. Incorporate upcoming news or what your company plans to offer which could benefit viewers and give them something to think about over the weekend before the dreaded monday blues come back around.
Some Do’s and Don’ts of Hashtags – More Hashtag Tips
Research (courtesy of LinchpinSeo) suggests that tweets with hashtags receive 2X more engagement than those without. However, using too many hashtags in your post may hinder your engagement. Twitter’s own research suggests that if you use more than two hashtags, your engagement drops an average of 17%. It is also important to double check what other contexts your chosen hashtag might be being used for. Before you post your own version of the hashtag, make sure that you have the same understanding of what the hashtag represents as the rest of people using it on the platform, otherwise some embarrassment could arise. You should also provide viewers with an opportunity to engage and start up a conversation or discussion with your company or others also viewing your post is also a good method of promotion. These conversations may spark interest and give your company ideas of what your target audience are looking for in regards to your business or services.
Lastly, using hashtags on platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn will not give a very good response or amount of engagement. Viewers may be put off by too many hashtags on these platforms as they cannot engage with them the same way as other social media sites, such as Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus so be careful where you place your hashtags!
As mentioned previously, hashtags have a huge impact on the amount of engagement you receive on your chosen social media platform. It gives the opportunity for hundreds of more viewers to read your post even if they don’t follow you, they just simply type in your hashtag and up pops your post. Businesses and companies most definitely gain huge amounts of visibility and promotion through this technique and it is so easy to do and even better, it’s free!
To find out more about M3SM and the services we offer, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or follow our social media. Follow us on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.