When any new year comes around, it is right and proper that you reflect on what has gone and look forward to the future, and moving into this new decade should be no different.
Applying what we do personally to your business, again should be no different, and so a Digital Marketing Plan should be considered.
Analytical Review of 2019
To determine your plan, first we need to reflect, and so a detailed review of what you did in 2019 and what worked, and what did not should be at the top of your list of things to do before you start planning for 2020.
Having goals set for your business is standard for any company. Increase in sales, increase in revenue, increase in profits etc. These goals need to be measured. How will you get there?
When someone completes and online form, clicks to call or email, these are potential leads, and should be measured within Google Analytics. Understanding how we received these form fills, calls and emails tells us what has worked, and associating a cost per lead (CPA or Cost Per Acquisition) we can then determine a return on Investment (ROI).
Working out what has given us the best ROI means we can do more of this in 2020, and is considered a priority in your 2020 plan.
Onto the Digital Marketing Plan
Once you can determine what has worked and what has not, then you can start to create your plan. Your Digital Marketing plan should be based around content. When M3 have created plans for our clients, we include the following:
Table of Contents
- Content Marketing Strategy
- Monthly Content Marketing Themes
- One Brand
- Components of the Content Marketing Strategy
- Offline Collateral
- Press Release
- Social Media
- Remarketing Banners & Landing Pages
- Content Marketing Syndication Process
- What You Need to Syndicate Content
- Your Social Channels:
- Additional Tools:
- Following Social Channels:
- 2020 Content Marketing Calendar
Here is one we created for one of our clients. This is just the bones of the plan, the detail is all important, yet the plan must be fluid and adaptable for change. Keep reading and then decide if you want our FREE DOWNLOAD – remember, the detail matters. See the end of the post.
Our overall goal in establishing and executing a Content Marketing Strategy is to have one voice as a brand and to encourage you to be consistent in your messaging to your clients. By establishing an official strategy and calendar you can ensure you are actively generating and syndicating content around your brand and the services you offer. By having this voice driven out through your company you can help to build your company into a leading brand within your industry.
In 2020 you are looking to build upon your brand and give your clients more information on the products and services that matter to their business. This will help to show that as a brand are experts within the industry and can be looked upon as leaders and innovators. In doing so, you should achieve a number of objectives that will help to build brand awareness, help generate leads and ultimately increase sales and revenues.
The objectives of this Content Marketing Strategy are as follows:
• Raise brand awareness and recognition
• Generate meaningful content to enhance the experience your clients have
• Improve your overall brand perception as a leader and expert in your industry
• Increase your ranking for competitive industry keywords
• Help generate more traffic to your website
• Provide more content that you can syndicate and help generate more traffic to your site
• Provide marketing content and programs you can use to generate more leads and referrals
• Enable you to nurture your database using turn-key marketing resources
• Help reinforce the value of your services and increase your sales and recurring revenues
• Improve brand loyalty and retention by providing ongoing content and expertise
Monthly Content Marketing Themes
The 2020 Content Marketing Strategy is broken down into monthly themes. These themes/topics are driven by the core products and services you provide your clients, as well as timed alongside your upcoming marketing launches and messages. Below is a snapshot of the 12 content marketing themes for 2020, and the first two for 2021:
- January 2021:
- February 2021:
In order to compete with other brands you need to generate high quality content and have that content syndicated across numerous channels effectively.
In addition, it is important that all marketing should follow the same strategic path at the same time to give your clients and prospects the greatest possible experience from any channel you own.Both are necessary for the 2020 Content Marketing Strategy to be successful. If just one of the above commitments falters; your overall goal to become a recognised brand using content marketing will not happen.
Components of the Content Marketing Strategy
An effective content marketing strategy leverages various tools and tactics to generate good quality content. Below outlines the components that make up your 2020 Content Marketing Strategy.
- Remarketing Campaigns
- Offline Collateral
- Reports (Trends and Industry Info)
- Infographics (Pinterest, Flickr, Instagram)
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Press Release (on and offline)
- Email Newsletter
If you are interested in seeing more, please do not hesitate to make contact:
01604 328899 or email@example.com
Meanwhile, the team at M3SM would like to wish you a Happy New Year, and a prosperous 2020.
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE STARTER CONTENT PLAN – remember, the detail matters.